Cumulative Trauma and Repetitive Motion Injuries in Fontana & San Bernardino County
CONTINUOUS TRAUMA INJURY
This type of injury is not caused by a “specific event” but instead is caused by doing repetitive duties, over a period of time, resulting in injuries to the body. These types of injuries are usually unnoticed and go undiagnosed unless you are seen by a doctor. Examples of this type of injury include but are not limited to the following:
- Development of symptoms or pain to fingers, wrists, arms, elbows or shoulders while performing data entry at a computer.
- Development of symptoms of pain to neck or back as a result of sitting at an uncomfortable passion for long periods of time.
- Development of symptoms or pain to back, legs, knees or feet as a result of having to stand up for long periods of time at work.
- Development of symptoms or pain to any part of your body as a result of performing repetitive duties including but not limited to lifting, bending, stooping, kneeling, overhead reaching, grasping, gripping, pulling, pushing, sitting, standing, etc.
- Hearing loss due to exposure to loud noise.
- Rheumatoid arthritis aggravated by physical injury and/or stress.
- Degenerative conditions of the knees, back, shoulders or other body areas due to performance of repetitive activities such as heavy or awkward lifting.
- Hand, wrist and arm ailments, including tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome, from repeated hand and arm movements.
- Lung damage or neurological problems from exposure to fumes and chemicals.
Cumulative and repetitive work can result in multiple injuries. If you think your problems are caused from work, we can advise you on what benefits you may be entitled to. Please contact us for a free consultation. Our office is minutes from Fontana in neighboring Rancho Cucamonga.