Cumulative Trauma and Repetitive Motion Injuries in San Bernardino County
Call Email Text Map
Cumulative Trauma and Repetitive Motion Injuries in Fontana & San Bernardino County
Everyone involved with the workers’ compensation system understands “cumulative trauma.” But most policymakers don’t, nor do many workers and their families. Take 15 seconds to watch this video, then apply it to a normal every-day job.
Imagine a housekeeper lifting 20+ mattresses, each and every day, all by themselves. They don’t have fitted sheets, making it even more difficult to lift and get that fitted-sheet look & feel that’s expected of hotels and their guests. Now imagine having worked that job for 10, 20, 30 years and your back or shoulders finally give out from the repetitive motion, leaving you with little option for future employment. Insurance companies would rather throw you to the wolves than approve a cumulative trauma claim. That’s why we continue to fight for this vital lifeline.
CONTINUOUS TRAUMA INJURY
This type of injury is not caused by a “specific event” but instead is caused by doing repetitive duties, over a period of time, resulting in injuries to the body. These types of injuries are usually unnoticed and go undiagnosed unless you are seen by a doctor. Examples of this type of injury include but are not limited to the following:
- Development of symptoms or pain to fingers, wrists, arms, elbows or shoulders while performing data entry at a computer.
- Development of symptoms of pain to neck or back as a result of sitting at an uncomfortable passion for long periods of time.
- Development of symptoms or pain to back, legs, knees or feet as a result of having to stand up for long periods of time at work.
- Development of symptoms or pain to any part of your body as a result of performing repetitive duties including but not limited to lifting, bending, stooping, kneeling, overhead reaching, grasping, gripping, pulling, pushing, sitting, standing, etc.
- Hearing loss due to exposure to loud noise.
- Rheumatoid arthritis aggravated by physical injury and/or stress.
- Degenerative conditions of the knees, back, shoulders or other body areas due to performance of repetitive activities such as heavy or awkward lifting.
- Hand, wrist and arm ailments, including tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome, from repeated hand and arm movements.
- Lung damage or neurological problems from exposure to fumes and chemicals.
Cumulative and repetitive work can result in multiple injuries. If you think your problems are caused from work, we can advise you on what benefits you may be entitled to. Please contact us for a free consultation. Our office is minutes from Fontana in neighboring Rancho Cucamonga.